Friday, May 14, 2010

A little update...

So let me defend myself here...this title did NOT come from Paris Hiltons tv show (thank you very much John Teilhet)..it just popped into my head when I began to think about my life here in this house in the country. Not just my families location or our lifestyle but my life in general is pretty simple. From there I began to think about how God has blessed us with so much and how maybe he is asking us (Aaron and I) to step out from our so called picture perfect life and do something that stretches us, something that makes us a little uncomfortable even. We have so much more than we need and so much love it give...so from there God started planting a crazy deep yearning to get connected with orphans in Africa. Why Africa? Where did all this come from? Why cant I get this out of my mind? Why our family? What are my motives here? Do I have enough love to give to a child that is not my own? These are all the questions that keep me up at night and keep me on my knees in prayer that God will search my heart and know my anxious thoughts and that if this is something he leads our family to do than we will know without a doubt that is coming from Him. Without the love that He gives us, we cannot love others. So why Lesotho South Africa? Why not adopt a child right here in East TN? I dont know for sure, but we keep getting pulled in that direction. Something makes my heart beat fast and keeps my drawn to those children, most of which are found in plastic bags on the streets or are even sometimes buried with their moms who die in childbirth because they are blamed for her death. We have been in touch with my second cousin who lives and works for Mercy of Hope in Lesotho with these orphan children. She put it best when she said, "You wouldnt be just adoptiong a child, you would be saving a life." So from here we just pray...for our hearts, for what God wants...is it adoption? Is it just that we get involved there in some way? So I dont really think anyone reads this blog, but if you do, we ask that you pray with us and for us that we will listen and obey...who knows? Maybe we will bring one of those sweet babies home one day and give them a simple life...a life that they would never have otherwise.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Amy, the kids in Lesotho need so much love! I met your cousin when we were there in 2008 (small world). At any rate, we'll be praying for you guys to have wisdom and to follow the Lord's leading in this. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carrie! We would appreciate those prayers...Id love to hear about your time there sometime if you get a chance..

    ReplyDelete